| Dear Cottage
More and more cottage
owners are looking at cottage rental as a way to defray expenses.
If you are reading this page and you own a cottage, you know
how expensive your cottage can be. There always seems to
be things that need repair, or furniture that needs to be replaced,
or docks that need work, taxes to be paid, mortgages that need
attention and the list goes on and on. You are not alone,
everyone who owns a cottage needs some financial assistance from
time to time and this is the very reason that cottage rental is
becoming so popular.
When you think of
cottage rental, there are 3 routes that you can go
1) You can rent to family and friends.
2) You can advertise your cottage in the Toronto Star or the Globe
and Mail or on-line through Kijiji.
3) Or you can have WRD Cottage Rental handle
the rental process.
It is interesting to
note that a lot of owners hate to rent to family and friends because (we have heard this so many times), "family and friends
are the worst renters we have ever had". So what better
way to handle this situation than to be able to say that "the
cottage is handled by an agency and it is now out of our hands".
If you advertise your
cottage yourself, you will have people calling you all hours of the
day and night asking about your cottage and there is the expense
of advertising which can get rather costly if you are using a
As a rental agency which
has been in business for 22 years with outstanding growth in the
past 17 years, we know the cottage rental business and we must
be doing things right to experience this kind of growth. As of today we represent over 170 properties and we are getting calls
almost daily from cottage owners.
In all honesty, I don't envy your position of trying to pick the right method of marketing your cottage because there is a plethora of cottage rental agencies out there who claim to be the very best and only charge a few dollars to list with them. Well, the bottom line is, "you get what you pay for". If you pay $100-$200 to list your cottage on a web site, you are going to end up doing all the work, guaranteed.
So why is it wise to have
WRD Cottage Rental Agency represent your property?
Here are a few compelling reasons ...
You never hear or
come in contact with the renter unless you want to. (that's good)
* We will get you
more for your cottage than you would renting it out yourself. (most important)
* We handle the rental
transaction from beginning to end. (no hassle, no money, transfers, no worry about contracts with the renters, no calls from renters, we do it all.)
We accept all major
credit cards. (most important)
* We know how to professionally screen
the rental applicants. (Most important, indeed vital)
* We handle all problems
that occur during the rental. (our lines are open 24/7 and all after hours calls are routed to the agency owner's residence or that of the agency General Manager) WE ARE NEVER CLOSED !!!
* Payment to you the
owner is guaranteed as we receive the full rental amount prior
to the arrival of the renter. (no delays in payments)*
* The owner of WRD Cottage Rental Agency is a professional photographer and the web site designer. As such we publish to the internet on a daily and sometime hourly basis to ensure the accuracy and relevancy of the information on our web site. Other agencies can take a week or more to make changes to your web page.
* The agency is open 5 days a week, Monday to Friday during winter with the exception of statutory
holidays. During the busy spring and summer period we are open 6 days a week from 9 to 5. In other
words we are totally committed to doing the very
best job for you and our rental clients throughout the year.
* The agency is fully computerized and able to take calls 24/7 via, phone, fax and e-mail.
* Another important point is that over 60% of our business is repeat business. Repeat business only happens when there is a happy customer.
Visit our testimonial page, the e-mail on that page are as received, guaranteed.
* We do not rent to teenagers and we are very very careful of the 20 to 30 year old party crowd.
* And last but certainly not least, cottage rental is the only thing we do at WRD Cottage Rental.
The entire staff lives in cottage country.
We are not real estate agents, we are not interested in renting out bed and breakfasts, RV's, trailer parks, commercial space or apartments. We are not building contractors, we operate only in Ontario. We work, live, eat and sleep cottage rental. We are central Ontario's Cottage Rental Authority and as such we are passionate about what we do. In addition, when you list with WRD, your cottage will also be listed on other web sites who we have a partnership with.
The process of listing your property with our agency is painless
and will take less than an hour. The process is as follows ...
* We visit
* An agreement is signed for us to represent your property in
* We take a full set of pictures of your cottage.
* We design your web page and publish your web page to the internet
within a few days of visiting your cottage.
* You tell
us what weeks are available for rental.
* Our mandate is to then find suitable and qualified renters for your property.
said all of this, timing is most important. This year
the booking season started for this coming summer way back in mid October. The demand for quality cottages is far greater than the availability
so our regular customers are coming to us earlier than ever
before to ensure that they find the very best cottage for their
the time to plan your entry into the cottage rental market is
during the summer and early fall of the previous year. Having said this however, we take on new cottages throughout the year. In addition it is most important for
us to have summer pictures of your cottage before the leaves
depart in the fall. Needless to say, a winter picture of
your cottage is not good on our summer web pages.
To list your cottage for rental, call us as soon as
you can and at your convenience we will visit your cottage,
take the pictures needed, design your web page and then go about
our business of finding suitable, appropriate, qualified renters
cottage. We await your call and thank you for giving our agency due consideration.